Brynhafren C P School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
1. to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
2. to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
3. to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2014-15 Brynhafren C P School was provided with a PDG allocation of £3.672.
At Brynhafren C P School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by PCC Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
· The school is working with the local quarry to build a Forest School on the school grounds. This is an ideal opportunity to develop the outdoor curriculum giving learners opportunities to develop literacy and numeracy skills throughout the curriculum.
· Staff will take part in Forest School training.
· Open Days are planned for parents to come into school and take part in Literacy, Numeracy and topic lessons throughout the day.
· Sessions for parents to come into school and develop an awareness of Digital Parenting. Help will be given as to how best to look after their child’s internet safety and how to get the best from the World Wide Web.