- THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
Our school has a considerate and active Governing Body who retain an interest in all aspects of school life.
Governors’ meetings are held on a regular basis, usually one every half term.
The Board of Governors comprises of 5 Governor position classes, with each class comprising of either a single Individual position or multiple positions, and the Head Teacher.
The Clerk also attends the Governor’s Meetings but is not a sitting member of the Board of Governors.
For the period September 2016 to July 2017, the Board of Governors is as follows:
(a) Powys LEA Governors, the Local Education Authority (LEA) appoint 2 positions to the board:
- Mrs. Christine Wynne, appointed: November 1998
- Councillor Graham Brown, appointed: September 1992
(b) Teacher Governor, 1 position:
- Mrs. S Blackmore, elected: February 2013
(c) Parent Governors, 3 positions, elected by Parental Vote, serving for 4 year terms:
- Mrs. Laura Jones, elected: January 2016
- Mr. Robert Darbyshire elected October 2016
- Mrs. Helen McIntyre elected January 2017
(d) Community Council Representative, 3 positions:
- Ms. J Shaw, appointed by the Community Council, April 2011
- Mr. M. Morris, elected September 2014
- Reverend Val Tait, Rector of Alberbury, by invitation in perpetuity, appointed: July 2006
(e) The School Head Teacher, 1 position:
- Mr. David Lambourn, Head Teacher
(f) The School Administrative:
- Mrs. Carol Kynaston, Clerk
There is an annual Governors/Parents meeting, if requested, to which all parents are invited.
Individual governors are elected to serve for four years and they welcome approaches from parents with any concerns.
The Local Education Authority (L.E.A) Governors are individuals appointed by Powys County Council, being the Local Education Authority which maintains our school. Generally, Local Education Authority Governors may present the LEAs views but they are not delegates of the Local Education Authority, and they cannot be mandated by the Local Education Authority to take a particular view.